Our Dream School
Building the school of the future in Barcelona!
Looking for a Visual Communication Designer
Are you passionate about visual design across different media? Our Dream School is seeking a Visual Communication Designer to join our team.
Why is your role important?
As a Communications Designer you will work together with the Design and Communication team on projects that spread across print, web creation, brand identity, devices and spaces.
Our Dream School’s mission is to change the way of learning. We are creating a new school model for happy life long learners that is responsive to the needs and preferences of today’s and future generations.
As a first step we are creating the first innovative maker-space for kids in Barcelona where they can learn about 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, Video Making etc. We need design support for the space such as in our online appearance and learning communication materials.
Since we are still in the process of starting up and growing, this person must demonstrate a collaborative working style, great communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a non-rules-based environment of innovation.
Strong portfolio and elevated sense of design, color and typography. You know the difference between “good” and “great” and are able to navigate team dynamics, clients and timelines to deliver excellent design.
User centered perspective: You understand and can articulate a human-centered approach to design and are willing to look out into the world for inspiration.
You work best in a participatory, team-based environment. You support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of all aspects of visual deliverables.
- You have strong verbal and visual presentation skills, as well as an articulate point of view about design. You understand the value of design and brand within a business context.
- Prototyping skills:You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error. You have experience in creating both low and high fidelity design deliverables for print and screen.
- Consulting chops: You should feel comfortable throughout all phases of a project, from translating verbal ideas into visual concepts, through design development and refinement, to creating production-ready artwork.
- Openness: Designers need to be flexible and open-minded, especially working in a start-up office. Successful candidates are optimistic, generative, and open to new ideas and ways of working.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Strong English verbal and written skills.
- Experience in Graphic Design, New Media, or professional equivalent
- At least three years experience in a design studio or creative consultancy
- Experience with design tools like Photoshop, Adobe, Azure or equivalent.
For extra credit, send us a sample* of something that’s good, and send us a sample of something that’s great. * Not something you created, and no explanation needed.
How to apply?
If you have a fresh perspective on your area of focus and want to contribute to our studio – we would love to see your CV or portfolio.