We are a tour operator of road cycling tourism. We are looking for a staff working with us for two incoming tours this summer.
4 August – 12 August 2018 (1st tour),
18 August – 2 September 2018 (2nd tour)
Brief introduction of the tours:
For 1st tour, we have 7 stages for one-week tour and our clients cycle 1 stage each day. We move to the hotels in different towns among Pyrenees every night except 1 rest day. For 2nd tour, we have 10 stages for two-week tour and clients also cycle 1 stage each day. We also move to different hotels each night except 3 rest days.
We travel with small groups of clients: for 1st tour we will have 15 clients and for 2nd tour we will have 8 clients, some are individuals, some are couples. Our clients are all leisure cyclists, who enjoy being on the road bike, seeing the scenery and taking photos.
We have the whole days of the tours being outside, being in the nature, driving through mountains, along the lakes & waterfalls, along the cute villages.
The work can be sightly demanding sometimes when you need to catch up the cyclists and focus on serving their needs. Generally the tours will be much fun because all our clients they are really interesting and nice people!
Please see the “working hours” to check more tour information.
Job requirement and description:
– Must speak these two languages: German & Spanish
– Be able to drive with frequent driving experience
– Drive the van with luggages and food & beverage daily (except rest days)
– Take care of the van and clean the van daily (except rest days)
– Load and unload stuff from the van, e.g. Luggage, boxes of food and water bottles daily (except rest days)
– Serve the cycling clients with food and beverage during the tours daily (except rest days)
– Build mobile food station at service points daily (except rest days)
– Communicate with clients during the tours, breakfast time and dinner time daily (except rest days)
– Work will start at 3 August in the afternoon for 1st tour. One rest day: 8th August
– Work will start at 17 August in the afternoon for 2nd tour. Three rest days: TBD (to be decided)
Working hours: 7:00 am – 10:00 pm every day (expect rest days)
1. We need to be up around 7:00 am to prepare the van and join breakfast with clients between 7:30 am and 8:00 am.
2. Normally we and clients depart for the tour each day around 9:00 am.
3. We arrive at the hotel each day between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm, that’s also when clients finish their stage each day.
4. Dinner starts at 8:00 pm in Spain and 7:30 pm in France, everybody orders the menu and we talk with clients while we have the dinner.
5. Here we put the work finishing time at 10:00 pm which will be the maximum time you finish the work. What you are supposed to do during the dinner is to have conversations with clients. Sometimes we finish our dinner around 9:00 pm and if clients feel like talking more they will stay longer but you can feel free to leave for the hotel room. To be honest, the conversations over dinner are quite relaxing and inspiring. We do hope you enjoy the precious time exchanging ideas with people from different backgrounds.
6. For the rest days, you have complete full days for yourself. In some hotels you can get access to the pools, fitness centres and sauna rooms. If possible, we can offer you a Cervélo bike and you can ride.
Working location: Pyrenees in France & Spain
Salary and welfare:
– Fixed salary:1200 euros
– Social Security
– Accommodation (single room) and breakfast & dinner (from 4 August to 12 August 2018, and from18 August to 2 September 2018)
1. Lunch is not offered because lunch time is in the middle of cycling. However we will have a coffee stop each stage and everybody can get some sandwiches and some drink there.
2. Dinner in the rest days are not offered.
– Tips: Clients from two tours will pay tips (approximately 200 – 400 euros each tour) depending on how well the performance is
Our preference/extra plus:
– Road cyclist or be interested in road cycling
– A expert/PhD in earth science (e.g. geology) / natural science (e.g. zoology)
We are Fangye and Dirk, Chinese native studying and working in Europe, and German-Canadian living in Spain for long time. We speak English, German, Spanish and Mandarin. We love road cycling, meeting people, discovering new adventures, trying new things and being in the nature. Welcome to meet us!
If you are interested in working with us, please do not hesitate to send us an email.